Woman Poisoned By Carbon Monoxide Left Her Car Running

Investigators determined the car that was left running, resulting in the Waterside Condos being evacuated last weekend in Steamboat, belonged to a woman who was taken to the hospital. The unidentified Steamboat Woman suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning and was taken to the hospital in serious condition early Sunday morning.  The woman eventually told investigators she left her car running in her garage. Officials believe the car was left running unintentionally. Steamboat firefighters remind homeowners to install and maintain Carbon Monoxide alarms at their homes.  Landlords need to be aware that they are required to install working Carbon Monoxide detectors in all rental units.

Comments are closed.