An electric heat lamp was determined to have been the cause of a fire late Saturday night in Craig’s Shadow Mountain Subdivision. The fire, which consumed a chicken coop was reported by a neighbor. A number of chickens and turkeys were killed in the blaze. Craig Continue reading
Tag Archives: firefighters
A Steamboat home was destroyed by fire yesterday. Fortunately the occupants of the house were able to escape without much harm. One occupant and two firefighters were treated at Yampa Valley Medical Center for minor injuries. The house was located on Apres Ski Way, and firefighters say the upstairs portion of the house Continue reading
Firefighters responded to a fire at Goodrich Mud Company in Craig, located on Industrial Avenue near 1st Street Saturday. According to reports, the fire started at the top of the sand silos located on the property, while welders were doing routine maintenance work. The fire took about half an Continue reading
Authorities have released the name of the victim killed in last week’s car crash on Highway 64. Firefighters responded to the scene after a call of a brush fire on the side of the highway. When they got there, they found a vehicle engulfed in flames. After extinguishing the blaze, a body was found in the car. The Rio Continue reading
This weekend is time change weekend. On Sunday morning we return to Daylight Savings Time. Remember the key phrase “Spring Forward, Fall Back”, and set your clocks forward 1 hour before going to bed tomorrow night. Firefighters also suggest you use the reminder to change the batteries in your home and business smoke detectors.
Craig Fire Rescue had to extricate the driver of a pick-up truck this morning after an accident on 4th and Ranney in Craig. According to firefighters, the driver wasn’t seriously hurt, but was unable to get out of his truck after it was broadsided by an Interstate Batteries truck. The other driver was uninjured. The driver of the pick-up was taken to Continue reading
A house on Moffat County Road 103 burned early Saturday morning. Firefighters responded to the blaze at around 2 Saturday morning. Reports say the home is not a complete loss, but is not habitable at the moment. The fire is believed to be caused by a coal-burning stove, but the investigation is ongoing. Nobody was seriously hurt in the blaze.
This weekend is “time change” weekend. Sunday, we return to Mountain Standard Time. The key phrase to remember is “Spring Forward, Fall Back”. So remember to set your clocks back one hour before going to bed tomorrow night. This is also the time firefighters suggest you change the batteries in your home’s smoke alarms. The Continue reading
Arapaho National Wildlife Refuge staff in Jackson County plan to take advantage of the fall weather to burn the grasslands near the Hampton Ranch site, and along the Illinois River near the refuge’s northern boundary. The objectives of Continue reading
One person was injured in a two-vehicle accident on Victory Way in Craig yesterday morning, near Cook Ford. Details of the accident aren’t clear, but firefighters responding to the scene said the crash Continue reading
As firefighters brought the 20,690-acre Alkali Fire burning 14 miles north of Maybell to 50 percent containment yesterday, other crews responded to numerous other starts. Cloud cover Continue reading
Senator Mark Udall is using the Alkali Fire to reach out to Northwest Coloradans. Udall has constantly dodged interview requests from Wild West Radio to speak about issues that concern Northwest Colorado. The Senator is rarely seen in Northwest Colorado, and has consistently supported measures on energy, health, Continue reading