An animal nest is believed to have caused a vehicle fire yesterday afternoon in Steamboat. The vehicle had reportedly been in storage for a period of time before it was driven yesterday. The driver was able to pull the vehicle over and exit safely, after smoke became visible in the cab of the car. Other drivers in Continue reading
Tag Archives: fire department
An overnight fire early Sunday destroyed a home in Steamboat at 1855 Fish Creek Falls Road. Neighbors called Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue to report the fire in the home that had also ignited trees next to the residence. West Routt Fire Protection District firefighters were also called to the scene. Upon arriving, fire crews first attacked the flames in the Continue reading
The Craig fire department quickly extinguished a controlled burn which got out of control Saturday morning. The grass and sagebrush fire near Moffat County Road 64 about two miles northwest of Craig, was close to structures, but none were effected by the blaze. Firefighters contained the fire to about an eighth of an acre in less than 15 minutes.
Craig firefighters put out a slash pile burn that was left unattended over the weekend. According to firefighters, a slash pile burn was started near the maintenance shed at Yampa Valley Golf Course Saturday afternoon, and then left to burn. A concerned citizen saw the flames and called the Continue reading