Tag Archives: carbon monoxide

Woman Poisoned By Carbon Monoxide Left Her Car Running

Investigators determined the car that was left running, resulting in the Waterside Condos being evacuated last weekend in Steamboat, belonged to a woman who was taken to the hospital. The unidentified Steamboat Woman suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning and was taken to the Continue reading

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Sends 1 To Hospital

An unidentified elderly Steamboat Woman, suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, was transported to the hospital Sunday morning in serious condition. Emergency personnel responded to the Waterside Condos on Yampa Street to attend to the female, after she was pulled unresponsive from her apartment. The woman was rescued by Continue reading

Oil & Gas Group Sues BLM Over Venting And Flaring Rule

oil-and-gas-industry-300A group, representing energy producers in the US, is suing the Bureau of Land Management over their new rule, regulating venting and flaring on oil and natural gas operations, occurring on federal or tribal lands. The suit, filed in a US District court in Wyoming, claims that the rule exceeds the BLM’s authority, creates duplicate regulations, and conflicts with requirements from the Environmental Protection Agency. The group argues that the authority to Continue reading

Beware Of Animals Following Time Change

deer-vs-carWith the time change this weekend, drivers need to be aware that with the sun setting earlier next week, the chance of collisions between evening commuters and wildlife increases dramatically. The time change coincides with the wildlife mating season.  Drivers will also Continue reading

Attic Fire At Home In Steamboat

STEAMBOAT FIRE RESCUEThe Steamboat Springs Fire department last night responded to a carbon monoxide alarm at a home at 12 Sequoia Court. While investigating for the source of carbon monoxide, firefighters felt heat when in the upper bedrooms and saw light smoke outside the home. Fire crews pulled the ceiling down to access a fire in the attic. The fire had burned through roof joists and affected electrical wiring in the area. To Continue reading