Steamboat Holiday Lights Shock Dog

christmas-lights-#2-300-Steamboat has pulled the plug on some holiday lights on its main street after a dog was shocked. The current from lights wrapped around a tree on Lincoln Avenue shocked the dog while it was standing on a metal grate below. The city says the dog wasn’t hurt. General services director Anne Small says the city wanted to add some more grounding to the system used to light the trees along the street but many of the conduits were crushed during road construction a few years ago. The city hopes to have the problem fixed by next year’s holiday season. In the meantime, large snowflake-shaped lights hung above the street are still being used because they run on a separate electric system.

Comments are closed.