You can increase your child’s intrigue with Christmas this holiday season by having Santa respond to their Christmas wish list. All you have to do is send your kid’s letter along with a response letter from Santa to the post office in Anchorage Alaska by December 15th. The letter should be mailed in an envelope with the return address of Santa, North Pole. The post office in Anchorage will then add a North Pole postmark to the envelope, and mail it back in time for kids to enjoy for Christmas. Additional information on the Letters from Santa Program is available below.
Here are the steps to take for your child to get a letter back from Santa:
1. Have your child write a letter to Santa and place it in an envelope addressed to: Santa Claus, North Pole.
2. Later, when alone, open the envelope and write a personalized response.
3. Insert the response letter into an envelope and address it to the child.
4. Add the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE, to the envelope.
5. Affix a First-Class Mail stamp, such as a new Holiday Windows stamp, to the envelope.
6. Place the complete envelope into a larger envelope — preferably a Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope — with appropriate postage and address it to: