Burning trash in a barrel was the source of a grass fire Friday afternoon off of Routt County Road 200A, northeast of Oak Creek. Steamboat Springs’ firefighters responded to the three acre fire around 3:30. After they arrived, firefighters determined a propane tank located 50 feet from the main residence on the property had been compromised and was helping to fuel the blaze. Crews were able to shut down the gas line between the propane tank and the home. They then used burning propane fire suppression techniques to put out the propane fueled fire. It took crews around 3 hours to extinguish the blaze.