An open house will be held this week in Steamboat to discuss the master plan for Howelsen Hill. Members of Steamboats Parks and Community Services Department will be at the meeting soliciting feedback from the community on their vision for the historic ski area. The open house will give the public the opportunity to share their thoughts and provide input on specific aspects of the plan. The event will be held Wednesday at the Steamboat Community Center from 5:30 to 7, all are welcome to attend. Additional information on the goals of the open house is available below. Those with questions can call 871-7017 for more information.
The open house will focus on the following key areas in an effort to achieve a better understanding of the community and its recreational requirements for the Howelsen Hill Ski Area:
• Concentrate on a comprehensive assessment of ski area, lodge and parking/circulation areas
• Identify residents’ concerns, perceive needs and priorities for enhancing and preserving ski area
• Pinpoint current levels of satisfaction and expectations
• Discuss different financially sustainable operating models and associated impacts and limitations
• Prioritize capital projects and explore recommended methods of funding