Saturday is Meat-In Day in Moffat County with burgers and festivities at Alice Pleasant Park in downtown Craig from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Here’s Kacey Green with the Moffat County Cattlewomen.
You can then meet the Moffat County Cattlewomen from 4-6 p.m. at Vallarta’s. Moffat County Commissioners made an official resolution that tomorrow is Meat-In Day for Moffat County, in response to Colorado Governor Jared Polis saying it is “Meat Out” Day, and to avoid eating meat. Find out all of the plans on the Moffat County Beef Facebook and Instagram pages.
This Saturday is also Meat Appreciation Day in Yampa. Starting at noon on Moffat Avenue in Yampa Saturday, bring some meat and a way to cook it for a big BBQ to support Routt County’s local ranchers. Sarajane Snowden helped organize the event.
Meat Appreciation Day in Yampa starts at high noon on Saturday.
Next week is Agriculture Week in Routt County.
More people are eligible to be vaccinated today, according to state guidelines. It includes people over 50 and restaurant and postal workers, government workers and others. Multiple entities are providing the vaccine in Moffat County including City Market, Walgreens, and Walmart, Memorial Regional Health, Moffat County Public Health, and Northwest Colorado Health. A full list and how to contact the providers is on our Facebook page and website.
Starting Friday, another phase of eligibility will open. This new phase includes:
- People age 50 and older.
- Student‐facing higher education employees
- Frontline essential workers in food/restaurant services
- Frontline essential workers in manufacturing
- Frontline essential workers for the US Postal Service
- Frontline essential workers in public transit and specialized transportation
- Frontline essential workers in public health
- Frontline essential human service workers
- Faith leaders
- Frontline essential direct care providers for Coloradans experiencing homelessness
- Frontline essential journalists
- Continuity of local government
- Continuation of operations for state government
- Adults who received a placebo during a COVID‐19 vaccine clinical trial
- People 18‐49 with high risk conditions.
From MRH: As we move through phases, people in previous phases remain eligible. Vaccinators may continue to prioritize by age in previous phases if supply remains constrained. Timeline subject to change based on supply chain. Prioritization subject to change based on data, science, availability.
From Routt County Public Health… We’re all in this together. Please wear your masks and keep socially distant. Help make COVID stop with you.
For the weather, don’t forget to call the KRAI Time, Temp, and Weather Hotline at 970-824-1918.