Hunter Dies, Two others Hospitalized in Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

carbon monoxideOne man is dead and two others were hospitalized yesterday after being exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning during a hunting trip in Moffat County. All three men were from California. They were camping on Moffat County Road 17 about 25 miles south of Craig. According to the Moffat County Sheriff’s Office, 78-year old Lonnie Anderegg Senior was found dead inside a tent, and his two companions 53-year old Lonnie Anderegg Junior and 53-year old Jack Humphrey were taken to The Memorial Hospital at Craig, and then air lifted to a Denver hospital. Deputies say there was a heat source inside the tent that is suspected to be the source of the carbon monoxide.

Comments are closed.