Firefighters Remind Residents to Have Chimneys Swept

chimney fire 200The temperature is starting to drop, which means residents are starting to light up their wood and coal stoves and fireplaces. Fire officials urge residents to have their chimneys inspected and cleaned before building any fires. Dirty chimneys are a common cause of house fires every year, that can be prevented with a little attention. Craig firefighters responded to a chimney fire yesterday on Ashley Road. Fortunately the fire was contained to the chimney, and the structure of the house was unharmed, but firefighters say that isn’t always the case. They say a clean chimney can help avert a disaster that could see you and your family left homeless.

Comments are closed.