UPDATE: Fire In Craig Trash Truck

The Craig Fire Department extinguished a small fire this morning that was discovered in the back of a City of Craig trash truck.  Randy Call  the director of Craig Solid Waste Department says he believes the fire was caused by ashes from a fire place which were dumped in a trash can. When smoke was seen coming from the load in the truck, it was decided the driver  should dump his load at the City of Craig Recycling Center.  The fire department took approximately an hour to fully extinguish the fire. Residents should be aware that ashes from a fire should never be put in a City of Craig trash receptacle, they need to be stored separately in a metal trash can with a metal lid. This will allow Craig trash crews to inspect the ashes to ensure they are out before they are put in the trash truck.   Photos from the scene courtesy of Doug Slaight for Craig Fire/Rescue.  Click to enlarge.

 

Comments are closed.