A flood relief effort has been organized by The Steamboat Institute to help the people in Northern Colorado, whose communities have been devastated by recent flooding. There is also a collection for effected children going on in Craig.
HERE IS HOW YOU CAN HELP:
1. Donate online to one of the following organizations:
* United Way of Weld County: http://www.unitedway-weld.org/
* Community Foundation Serving Greeley/Weld County: http://www.cfsgwc.org/
* Foothills United Way (Boulder): http://www.unitedwayfoothills.org/
* American Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org/
2. Donate supplies and bring them to the Centennial Bank in Steamboat Springs any day before 5pm through Friday September 20th.
Requested supplies include:
- Bottled water
- Non-perishable food items
- Baby formula
- Pet food and supplies
- Livestock supplies, including hay, oats and bridles for horses
3. Donate to the Hope Floats collection in Craig, where “kids collecting donations for the kids effected by the Colorado flooding” have placed collection boxes at the KRAI and 55 Country studios and at the Journey Church in Craig. They are accepting donations through 4:30 pm Thursday September 19. The items they are collecting are listed below (brand new ONLY).
Diapers – wipes – baby food – diaper cream – clothes – toys – toddler foods
fruit cups – formula – baby wash – baby lotion – juice – sippy cups – bottles – water
- For more information on the Steamboat Institute collection call/text 970-846-6013
- For more information on the Hope Floats collection call 970-620-0659.