Craig Firefighters Put Out Unattended Fire at Golf Course

craig-fire-rescue-300Craig firefighters put out a slash pile burn that was left unattended over the weekend.  According to firefighters, a slash pile burn was started near the maintenance shed at Yampa Valley Golf Course Saturday afternoon, and then left to burn.  A concerned citizen saw the flames and called the fire department, who rushed over to put it out.  They say there was no one on hand attending the fire.  A couple of smoldering spots had firefighters out again after midnight to finish extinguishing it.  The fire danger is high in Moffat County, and while there are no fire restrictions currently in place, there are still rules for burning on private land.  You must let the Moffat County Sheriff’s office know of your burn plans, and you must never leave your fire unattended.

Comments are closed.