The closure of Crosho Lake and its adjacent campground near Yampa has been extended, due to delays with repairs that are occurring at the dam. The closure includes all motorized and non-motorized use. In addition to the closure of the lake and campground, nearby Forest Roads are also temporarily closed. The closure will now last through the end of October, which will allow crews to replace a dam outlet pipe. Additional information on alternative campsites and fishing opportunities is available below.
Alternative campsites are available nearby at the following locations:
- Dispersed sites along Forest Road 930 toward the Allen Basin Reservoir Trailhead, which is adjacent to the Crosho Lake Closure Area.
- The Chapman Campground, which is a developed site and is located off of Forest Road 940. It is approximately 13 miles away from Crosho Lake via county and Forest roads.
- Dispersed sites along the Dunckley Pass Road, Rio Blanco County Road 8 (approximately 10 miles away via county and Forest roads).
Alternative fishing opportunities are available nearby at the following locations:
- Allen Basin Reservoir (located off of Forest Road 930, then approximately one mile down motorized trail #1181)
- Chapman Reservoir (located off of Forest Road 940)
- Sheriff Reservoir (located off of Forest Road 959/Rio Blanco County Road 95)