Chimney Fire In Steamboat

STEAMBOAT FIRE RESCUEA chimney fire at a Steamboat residence Thursday morning was quickly extinguished by Steamboat Springs fire fighters.  The incident at 747 Anglers Pond was determined to be caused by a dirty chimney pipe clogged with heavy amounts of creosote and ash that were smoldering.  Once fire crews on the roof were able to knock the creosote and ash off the side walls of the chimney pipe and catch the ash in the residence below, the fire was extinguished. The home owners were then allowed to return to their residence.  This incident should be a reminder that chimneys need periodic cleaning even as we near the end of the winter season. For more information on how to keep yourself safe and maintain your chimney, follow this link to the Chimney Safety Institute of America Website.

 

 

Comments are closed.