There was a chimney fire at a home on Alpine Court in Steamboat. The Steamboat Springs Fire Department responded to the fire around 8:30 yesterday morning. Crews were able to extinguish the fire in the chimney shortly after their arrival. Damage to the home is considered minimal. This incident is an important reminder to properly maintain your chimney for the winter season. Chimneys should be inspected annually by a professional and cleaned if necessary to ensure they are clear of obstructions and creosote. Caps should be installed on the top of the chimney to prevent debris or animals from clogging it. Finally, always keep a fire extinguisher near in the event there are problems. For additional fireplace safety tips click here.