Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Sends 1 To Hospital

An unidentified elderly Steamboat Woman, suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, was transported to the hospital Sunday morning in serious condition. Emergency personnel responded to the Waterside Condos on Yampa Street to attend to the female, after she was pulled unresponsive from her apartment. The woman was rescued by Atmos Energy and Central Park Management employees while they were trying to determine the origin of a carbon monoxide leak.  All residents at the apartment complex were evacuated during the inspection. The investigation determined the carbon monoxide was due to a vehicle that had been left running for an extended period of time. It took six hours to determine the source of the Carbon Monoxide, as the vehicle had been shut off prior to firefighters arriving on the scene. Investigators also found that not all apartments at the complex had carbon monoxide alarms. Homeowners are being reminded to install and maintain Carbon Monoxide alarms at their homes, while landlords need to be aware that they are required to install working Carbon Monoxide detectors in all rental units.

NEW - Start A Conversation Or Leave Your Thoughts