Another Power Pole Catches Fire In Craig

Another power pole caught fire in Craig Thursday night. Craig firefighters responded to a small fire around 8, which occurred near the top of one of the power poles in the alley between School and Breeze Streets. According to Craig firefighter Chris Mercer, the fire, which was caused by a faulty insulator, resulted in damage to electrical equipment and wood at the top of the pole. Yampa Valley Electric crews were called in and replaced the power pole Thursday night.   Photos of the fire courtesy of Doug Slaight for Craig Fire and Rescue, click to enlarge.

 

Comments are closed.