Attic Fire At Home In Steamboat

STEAMBOAT FIRE RESCUEThe Steamboat Springs Fire department last night responded to a carbon monoxide alarm at a home at 12 Sequoia Court. While investigating for the source of carbon monoxide, firefighters felt heat when in the upper bedrooms and saw light smoke outside the home. Fire crews pulled the ceiling down to access a fire in the attic. The fire had burned through roof joists and affected electrical wiring in the area. To minimize water damage, fire crews removed smoldering insulation from the apartment to the street where it was extinguished. Damage is estimated at $50,000 and the official cause is still under investigation.

Comments are closed.